Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Ciderfest and My New Cocktail Tumblr

Hello once again. Boy, it has been a while since I last posted. I was busy these past few months with this convention last weekend in Milwaukee. But, I am back and I came back with some new stories and good news.

First off, let me tell you about the convention I went to last weekend. This all started about four months ago. I just finished the Flutterbat Gazpacho when I got a Facebook message from my good friend Seth from the Midwest Brony Division. He was planning to have a cocktail/ sing-along panel at this convention in Milwaukee called Ponyville Ciderfest in November and he was so impressed with my culinary work that he decided to make me bartender/mixologist for the panel.

To be honest, before the convention, I never actually bar tended but I was willing to try everything once. So I decided to attend some classes at my local community college to learn the basics and develop some cocktails based on the characters. It took me about 4 months of experimenting, conceptualizing and testing until I got everything perfect.

While I was working on the liquor, Seth was organizing everything from the songs to the drinking games and everything in between. We had a lot of fun making this project a reality and creating these drinks.

When the big day arrived, we had to scramble to everything ready but we luckily got everything together and even some of my friends from Chicago came to help me set everything up. I am very lucky to be with a community of people who are willing to help make an event this enjoyable and memorable. So if anyone is reading this who participated in the Slap-happy Drunken Sing-a-long Panel during Ponyville Ciderfest and volunteer there time to help with set-up as well as serve during the event, I would like to say "Thank You for all your hard work!"

I hope to do another panel just like this one next year. In fact, I was so inspired by the success of the panel, I decided to create a Tumblr blog for the cocktails and some other pony inspired bar food I like to call "Le Brony Gourmet's Bar and Grill". This Tumblr is a recipe blog that includes cocktails and other tapas style bites inspired by the show. If like to check it out to see the recipes that I did for Ciderfest as well as some other drinks I might share in the near future.

That's all I need to say for now but there will be more drinks, food and who knows what. Until next time, I bid all of you a-do.

No comments:

Post a Comment