Friday, August 1, 2014

News from the Chef #5

Some of you may be wondering where I have been after the Fluffle Puff post or why I have not been to Bronycon this summer....Well a lot has happened over the past month. I recently moved to a new place after a whole year of putting the old house up for market. Unfortunately, my grandfather passed away during the move so I needed to have some time to get my body, mind, and emotions to catch up and adjust to my new life of moving forward. 

 I also stated a new job as a Brand Ambassador. It may not be the most "culinary intense position" but I do enjoy talking to people and informing them about the many gourmet food products I represent. To be honest, I actuauallly like this better then my other jobs. Don't worry though, I'm not giving up on the whole chef dream just because I got a new job that I like. I am simply changing it to more media based then practical based. Plus, I can always find a new job nearby my new home of Oak Park. (and yes, I know its only about 2 miles away from my old home but 2 miles can really change ones lifestyle.)

Speaking of media based culinary jobs, I have actually decided to audition for food competition shows. So far I have auditioned for shows such as Jamie Oliver's Drinks Tube Star Search, The Taste on ABC, and so much more. In fact, ABC actually contacted me about the audition in Chicago. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend due to work. Yet, I still push on to other shows and making my life-long dreams of being a Food Celebrity a reality.

So enough excuses, here is what I am up to now and some announcements.

First off, I'm actually going to be out of town for the next couple of days in Northern Wisconsin starting tomorrow until Wednesday evening. I'm going to have very limited signal since I am going to a farm resort in the middle of the woods. (Its a family tradition for every summer.) So for my Twitter followers, I would not be able to post as much but when I do get a signal, I will respond back when I can.

For the website itself, I am currently working on "A Chicagoan in Trotcon" post for the Brony Chef Project. Its just with the new changes in my life, I have been quite distracted with settling in to my new place. Hopefully, Ill be able to finish it up hopefully during my trip to Wisconsin. It is going to be one epic post and I think it would defiantly be one of the best articles I have ever wrote for the Brony Chef Project.

For the Youtube Channel "Le Brony Gourmet", there have been some new videos. Although, it has been focused more on the auditions for the shows, there has been a new video that involves....a cocktail based on Pinkie Pie? That is right, I am going to start doing alcoholic drinks for "Le Brony Gourmet". It may be excluding to a younger audience for "Le Brony Gourmet" for some who are under 21 in the U.S (or under 18 for the rest of the world) for some videos. Yet, I think it adds a more "adult spin" to the show and I think it defiantly adds more variety to what I do as a chef. I might even start a new show within the "Le Brony Gourmet" channel if anyone of drinking age would be interested. Here is my first cocktail video if anyone wants to take a look.  



I am also in the works of a new culinary episode of "Le Brony Gourmet". I am actually super excited to work on this one for not only the channel but also for the the Project itself. I'm not really going to spoil it but, it does involve one of my most favorite character of the whole MLP: FiM series. If you wish to see what it is, your going to have to follow my Twitter @bronychefpro when I get back from Wisconsin to find out. 

My final announcement for the day is that im going to be at Ponyville Cider Fest from Nov 6th-Nov 9th in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Me and a friend of mine from Chicago are going to hosting a cocktail/ drunken sing-along panel. So if you want to learn how to make awesome pony-themed cocktails, play some drinking games and sing your drunken lungs out, come join us in the Hyatt Regency in Downtown Milwaukee.

That's all I need to say for now. If you want any updates about anything from the culinary to the Pony, feel free to follow me on Twitter and Subscribe to my Youtube channel (Hooray for shameless promotion!). Although, I must say farewell for now as I must get ready for my trip to Wisconsin. So for now, I bid all of you, a-do.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment